6 Visions of Weirdness About Me...
With all the madness of my FIL's death and funeral I have put off this meme that the Fat Lady Sings challenged me (among others) to do...Six Weird Things About Myself. Sadly 6 won't really get me too far into the nitty-gritty of my particular brand of weirdness. But with these kinds of limitations...thank goodness for your sakes...I'll take a stab at it and see what I can come up with...for purely entertainment value of course...I wouldn't want to give the real me away...I'd never see hide not hair of you all again!
I know I've been a disappointment...I'm really quite dull...but I'm happy being me...most of the time.

You'd better straighten up your act Clowney Guy...or I'll have to straighten it for you...you know I can't abide a messed up outfit...now don't make me slap the crap out of you with that hat hanging funny on your pointy little head...you know I'll hurt you if you get dirty too!
- I never go bare footed. I have never liked it unless I was walking at the beach in the sand...once I hit pavement...some sort of covering must go on the feet. I have very soft and what I consider to be nice little feet that take me generally where I'd like to go...with shoes.
- I have owned a very old and rare Porsche from 1955 that I purchased in the 80's. The weird thing that comes into this picture is that Mr. Sumo talked me into selling it because he didn't want to bother with it's upkeep...so I complied (not very willingly mind you). The next day he informed me that upon reflection I probably shouldn't have sold it. Could you hazard a guess as to the look I gave him?
- Growing up in Los Angeles I had many opportunities to see and sometimes meet movie stars. Went to school with a few of them turns out. I was standing by the sound man's station during "Oliver" and as the cast came out from their dressing room area to go to the stage...one of the actor's took me by the arm and dragged me to the stage...but just happened to stop short and let me go just before the lights were turned up...and I retreated very quickly. The actor was in "Bonnie and Clyde."
- I am very insecure and introverted in crowds of people...or anything for that matter. I am not sociable at all. I dread being around lots of people...maybe because I am an only child. I was raised to speak when spoken to. That's the great thing about having one's own blog...you can act the fool on it...and no one knows who the heck you are.
- I can smell BS a mile away. When someone starts with the beauty compliments and just in general makes over me too much...I know that something is wrong. Too many people think quiet people are dumb and a few stupid complimentary comments will make that person (me) believe it's true...they couldn't be more wrong! I'm very suspicious of a person's sanity when they tell me how wonderful and cutsey poo I am. I'm not senile yet you morons!
- I have to have everything straight. Pictures on walls adjusted if askew...rugs set right if out of place...in general anything that would need straightening...I'm the person for the job. I'll organize any desk or shelf without being asked...it must be done...you cannot stop me.
I know I've been a disappointment...I'm really quite dull...but I'm happy being me...most of the time.

You'd better straighten up your act Clowney Guy...or I'll have to straighten it for you...you know I can't abide a messed up outfit...now don't make me slap the crap out of you with that hat hanging funny on your pointy little head...you know I'll hurt you if you get dirty too!















I loved reading about your six weird things! No bare feet? A shame about the cool car. I'm very quiet too and hate it when some others try to "draw me out" by pretending to be interested or by giving me insincere compliments.
I like doing memes too, so will do this one in a day or so, thanks!
Posted by
PBS |
4:49 AM
If it's true you don't like being in crowds, we are the same there and I'm not an only child. I love that little dog with the valentine and the cookies look too yummy.
Posted by
Peacechick Mary |
6:24 AM
I love weirdness! the weirder the better! Although none of this seems too weird to me... =)
Isn't it funny how so many bloggers say they are introverted and shy in person? I met one of my new blogger friends recently, and she couldn't get over how quiet I am in real life. I was thinking the same thing about her!
Posted by
Blue |
6:30 AM
Count me in for the crowd hating too. But where we differ is that you seldom catch me wearing shoes around the house. Like never! Shoes are required only for going to the store or where ever. I walk in the door and off come the shoes before anything else is done. I guess it's something about growing up southern or whatever.
I was so shy as a kid I'm sure some people thought I had a mental problem. Maybe I did. I have overcome all that now but I still don't like to spend a whole lot of time with people I don't know well.
I have a little magnet on my frig that says, "Do I fu*king look like a people person?" That about wraps it up in a nice little sentence.
Posted by
pissed off patricia |
11:19 AM
I have to have everything straight. Pictures on walls adjusted if askew...rugs set right if out of place...in general anything that would need straightening...I'm the person for the job.
Me too. Mrs. F always says 'your German is showing' when I get anal about straightness and squareness.
Posted by
Fixer |
1:08 PM
Sorry Sumo you fail the weirdness test. None of these seem that weird to me. I somehow thought when I read the title that I would read some really weird stuff like your favorite snack was peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches or you can only go to sleep at night if the bed is in the middle of the room and not close to any window. BTW, I have an acquaintance that has both of those weirdnesses.
Posted by
fallenmonk |
2:35 PM
Interesting.....we all share some of the same attributes.
I always felt that watching & listening was a great way to see what others are up to before showing my hand.
After living here for 11 yrs, I've learned that even better.
Although crowds are hard to stay away from, if there's going to be a crowd (other than a protest) I always go in the other direction. Where most crowds tend to gather, aren't the places I go anyway.
Posted by
Coffee Messiah |
4:53 PM
oh come on T. You can do better than that. I've seen MUCH WEIRDER.
LOL just kidding.
For Fallenmonk.....I love to spread peanut butter on a slice of bread and wrap it around a Vlasic dill spear. YUM YUM. Not weird to me..I also like to eat burnt stuff. Now this has worried me some, but I love burnt toast, cookies, hot dogs, eggs, potatoes, pancakes, spaghetti etc.
You just never know about people ??
Posted by
magicfingers |
7:44 PM
Looks like I failed the "weirdometer" test...damn!
Posted by
sumo |
10:36 PM
You did it! Good for you, my dear. Interesting set of facts. Now - let me see if I can guess who that actor was - Michael J. Pollard? I've been a fan of his since I was a kid. Just a guess mind - but I'll bet I'm right!
Posted by
TFLS |
9:34 AM
You won the gold ring FLS!
Posted by
sumo |
11:10 PM
I am a bit late here, but I just wanted you to know that your problem might be that you don't have a problem. I come from the place where talking is done if necessary and it seems to be very seldom so. My dad used to say to me (I talk a lot); "Pekka, why do you think you've got two ears and oly one mouth"? What the hell he meant by that, I still don't know. Blah blah blah...
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:11 PM