To Watch...Or Not To Watch...Some Question That Is!
The funeral is over...it was this morning (22nd). So now we move on with our lives and look to my MIL's failing health. But moving on...I am blogging now and also watching "A Man For All Seasons"...which puts me in mind of Dub's speechifying for Tuesday. I am going to watch him. I am at this moment comparing him to Sir Thomas More. If ever a man was possessed of high principles of body and conscience...Thomas More was that man.
It would do the Dub well to learn of this man and his brilliant history. The shame is that Henry the Eighth had him beheaded for his unbending principles...and we have a leader that has none. More's head was hung from the Tower gate for a month until his daughter Margaret took it down. And while our Dub lives...cannot see the light of day...yet his head is not removed...and is not placed upon a pike on a Tower wall. Thomas More knowingly went to his death not bending to the will of the King...for such a thing as a whim.
So too...we are in Iraq on a whim...and we also know that people are going to their assured deaths in some cases for a madman's insane whim that can no longer be explained. The words written on this subject must be in reality uncountable to say the least...yet we keep trying to figure this guy out. This kind of madness has no explanation...no order...no meaning and certainly no sense...it only carries sadness on its back...and it carries it for endless miles that shall know no sleep.
Thanks to all of you that made your condolences known...they were much appreciated. I will say again...that the world of the blog is possessed of many great hearts and minds...and their kindness when needed shall not be forgotten. May peace be upon us all.

To vote...or not to vote...

This is the question I want to know about...
It would do the Dub well to learn of this man and his brilliant history. The shame is that Henry the Eighth had him beheaded for his unbending principles...and we have a leader that has none. More's head was hung from the Tower gate for a month until his daughter Margaret took it down. And while our Dub lives...cannot see the light of day...yet his head is not removed...and is not placed upon a pike on a Tower wall. Thomas More knowingly went to his death not bending to the will of the King...for such a thing as a whim.
So too...we are in Iraq on a whim...and we also know that people are going to their assured deaths in some cases for a madman's insane whim that can no longer be explained. The words written on this subject must be in reality uncountable to say the least...yet we keep trying to figure this guy out. This kind of madness has no explanation...no order...no meaning and certainly no sense...it only carries sadness on its back...and it carries it for endless miles that shall know no sleep.
Thanks to all of you that made your condolences known...they were much appreciated. I will say again...that the world of the blog is possessed of many great hearts and minds...and their kindness when needed shall not be forgotten. May peace be upon us all.

To vote...or not to vote...

This is the question I want to know about...















I wake up everday, wondering why our representatives are not taking a stand against GW and all that he's done/not done?
If it was good enough for Nixon, it certainly even better under these circumstances!
He'll help rebuild Iraq, but not the Guld Coast. New Orleans can wither and die away, it means nothing?
Oy Vey! ; (
Posted by
Coffee Messiah |
3:12 AM
The one thing that would get me to watch the SOTU address is seeing Nancy Pelosi behind Bush. We can note the difference from last years speech in that she won't be clapping every time Bush ends a sentence. I hope to see a dour audience altogether. There is nothing Bush can say, other than "I resign" that will make a difference.
Posted by
Peacechick Mary |
4:00 AM
O0o0o0o00, I'd forgot about that tid-bit, Peacehick. Now I have that and Webbs reaction to look forward to!
Posted by
Frederick |
4:47 AM
The audience reaction will be interesting!
Posted by
PBS |
4:48 AM
That IS an excellent point, PM! I'd not considered the Speaker nor the crowd; just that I don't feel like watchin' Shrub dissemble yet again.
BTW, I hope those words on the sign and the victim's shirt in the last 'toon don't get transposed in reality. The Dems have still got to prove they've a clue as to Ethics by their actions going forward.
Welcome back!
Posted by
Michael Bains |
8:11 AM
omg, what a typo, sorry mary
Posted by
Frederick |
10:04 AM
Good to see you back, Sumo. But, egad, comparing Bush to Sir Thomas More?!? You ever read More's "Utopia" (a word he coined)? Thanks to W, we are about as far away from that concept as possible. ~~ D.K.
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:12 PM
I like Webb's response
Posted by
Graeme |
12:29 AM
CM...you're right...if it was good enough for Nixon it ought to be good enough for Dub.
Mary...seeing Nancy behind Bush especially after he acknowledged the historical implications was rather nice.
Fred...Webb was great.
pbs...while they did give him standing ovations and applauded...he didn't appear to have the joint in his pocket.
MB...they certainly do have some things to prove...and I for one don't want to be let down.
DK...yeah...I know...I almost felt guilty...but More definitely was the winner in that contest.
Graeme...I thought Webb was Presidential and very to the point.
Posted by
sumo |
1:30 AM
Christ, did you hear what Dickwad Cheney said yesterday? It boils down to this..we don't give a shit what anyone inside or outside the beltway thinks..we are going ahead with our plan and fuck the rest of you. We don't need anyones permission and if you don't like it..its your problem, not ours.
Delusional? Perhaps..mad with power..you betcha!
Posted by
Unknown |
3:28 AM
Dusty...he belongs in a sideshow freak show...and to all people that make a living in that ring...you have my sincerest apologies that you have to share the same air and stage. You should drum him out of your union people!
Posted by
sumo |
11:37 PM