To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order, to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right. Confucius

Sumo Merriment

« Home | You Never Know... » | Enforcing The Dick...Or...What It Means To Go All ... » | I Came...I Saw...I Didn't Blog... » | SOTUA...Or...Why Jim Webb Looked Presidential... » | To Watch...Or Not To Watch...Some Question That Is! » | friendsSweetness! » | Gone Fishin' A Few Days... » | A Bowl Of Lifesavers... » | Crash Test Dummies - Mmmmm MmmmmBecause sometimes ... » | Someone Got Up From Underneath The Rock... »



Whatever It Takes For A Rally...

|

Silence Is Not An Option...

See Jane Rally...Run Jane Run...See Jane Rally Washington...

Jane Fonda, who was criticized for her opposition to the Vietnam War, drew huge cheers when she spoke to the crowd in Washington, D.C. She admitted that she had not spoken at an anti-war rally in 34 years.

"Silence is no longer an option," she said. "I'm so sad we have to do this...that we did not learn from the lessons of the Vietnam War."

How well I remember those dire days...point well taken. For pictures and other links about the rally go to Dusty's place it will send you to other great locations and pictures.


More rallies to help stop this stuff in its tracks...





Sadly we are hearing more about Jane than we are about the protest itself. She became the focal point and a cue to bring up her experiences in Nam. Fox news had a hay day with all the talk of her.

The number of people who showed up in DC was impressive and inspiring.


I look at it this way. It's too bad about the focus...but at this point I'll take whatever attention it takes to help these rallies...if it takes celebrities to help get media attention then so be it. Our society has always been this way...so why stop now. If I were famous I'd be there to lend my name to it. If a chorus line of naked Codepink ladies got it in the news that would be good too. Whomever and whatever can get the focus on it works for me. I realize there is still that holdover from Jane's past...but it helped back then too. I think the best place to get pictures and links will be from the various blogs...and they will tell the real story of how it was in D.C.


We had a bus or two from this area go to DC for the rallies. I haven't talked to any of them about their experiences yet.


It's always ironic that the media (?) always finds something to focus on, that really takes away from the real news.
It appeared JF wiped a few tears from her eyes while others spoke.
No matter how they spin these outcries, they are what they are, and people really need weigh it for themselves, open and objectively.


Fonda aside and the Fox attempt to fog the issue with their distraction from everything I am reading it is being considered a success. Impressive number of people. The majority of the nation are against this war and the more publicity and pressure the better.


I recently joined an activist group and became media liaison by default. While I missed saturday's local rally (Had my kids that weekend), the local media called and were more interested in finding out how many people showed up than what our message was.
And all I could say was why didn't you cover it yourself? Corporate media journalism sucks.


Sorry Lew...I hear your pain...in the ass media muckrakers that wouldn't know a proper news story if it jumped up and bit them on their sharks ass. It's because the crowd wasn't having unprotected orgy sex right there by the Cap building. We protesters will have to rethink this thing. Sometimes you've just got to go with the flow!

Post a Comment


Bring it On!

Who Links Here

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines

Get Firefox!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com