To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order, to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right. Confucius

Sumo Merriment

« Home | So Condi Had A Hissy Fit... » | The Right Still Has The Nerve To Point Fingers At ... » | This Is Good For The Workplace...Most Places...Oka... » | Some Good Reading... » | CBC Leader Resigns After Bowel Comments... » | Hugo Chavez...Come Into The Court... » | So Here's What Mr. Jimmy Has To Say About Our Geor... » | Did Ya Think I'd Be Missin' This Yarr Day?... » | Who Lives In A Pineapple Under The Sea... » | The Pope Is Sorry Alright!... »



Somebody Hand Gordon A Mike...

|

That means microphone...btw!

Gordon from Alternate Brain recommends this from *Truth Out...here's just a taste and then I'll show his comment after...

*War talk is in the air again, and because of the looming November election, it has to be taken extra seriously.

Gordon:
He thinks that another phony, criminal war will rally support for him and the Republicans in time to stave off defeat at the polls. I'm pretty sure he's crazy.

I don't know much about international policy, but then, neither does Bush. I do know that if you go looking for trouble, you're gonna find it. Fighting should be for defense of self or others, except in the really rare instance of someone who is such an asshole they really need a whuppin'.

Iran is like a guy who's takin' karate lessons to keep bullies from pickin' on him: he'll be no threat for a long time, but the bullies better pick on him while they can. If those bullies are still bunged up from a previous scrape, he might whip 'em anyway.

Bush is like a guy who got to be prez of a motorcycle club by hook and by crook. He's such an asshole that the other guys would dearly love to see him miss a turn and go flyin' off a cliff, but they support him because that's what you do. When they go into a bar, most of the guys just want something to cut the dust, but Bush wants to pick a fight. Coulda just had a cold one and chatted with the locals, but Nooooo. First, he picks a fight with the smallest, least threatening guy there. His club backs him up. Bush just watches. Then he wants to pick a fight with another guy just because he thinks it'll make him look like an even bigger man. This time, the rest of the patrons realize this guy is dangerous, and gang up and hand the club its ass. Didn't hurt Bush, though. He just started it. He didn't fight.

What the club (that's us, folks) needs to do to preserve life and limb is take Bush out back and fuck him up themselves before he can get them in any more trouble. Take his shiny bike away from him and put him on the bus to Texas. Then pick a prez with at least rudimentary social skills who ain't a wannabe bad guy.

They won't be welcome in that saloon for a long time, either. Should never have been there in the first place, given their leader's attitude.



Mimus Pauly from Mockingbird's Medley also has a great insight into this new situation...
THE LATENT WITCH HUNTERS AMONG US ARE GLEEFULLY RUBBING THEIR REPTILIAN FOREPAWS TOGETHER IN ANTICIPATION...


Why? Because the Republican-infested House of Reps passed the pro-torture bill yesterday. Now we know why most Republicans will do anything to protect the unborn: An aborted fetus is one less soul they can beat, sodomize, waterboard, and destroy later on. Hey, they have to appease their fundey base somehow -- fundeys can't get their pogrom on in this country because all the necessary conditions allowing the waging of a pogrom without fear of reprisal (kickers can be a royal bitch sometimes) have yet to be implemented.

More...





Update: I'm having trouble getting onto some blogs...I'm sure it is temporary...you know how blogger can be. Lily...if you read this...I mean't what I said about the quilt help...your Gynocracy Invasion is one of the blogs I can't reach for now...miss what you have to say.


I couldn't get into your blog yesterday either. Even tried at work!

Too many people are in that club.


What an emotional week. Blogger didn't help either with its spurts and stops.

I love Gordon and Fixer's writing along with the others who post there.

The only ones that don't seem to have a problem with what went on yesterday are a few Right wingers and the Senate. What a freakin' shame.


Even though I've moved my hosting away from blogger, as well as having haloscan to avoid blogger comment troubles, I still run into trouble publishing. I'm going to have to look into some other way to publish (free) because it's becoming more and more of a hassle to use blogger.


You certainly show exquisite taste in your linkages, which includes Pauly. Keep up the good work! :)


Fred...I couldn't get on your blog last night for a long time...I kept trying and finally made it. If someone can find a decent place to blog that is still free I'd sure like to know of it. I think the Feds are messing with us...what if this clears up better after November 7th?

I have haloscan too so I have more than one option...but it frequently is messed up. But...I sure am glad I am no longer in school! What's up with that?

Gordo...as DBK calls you if I may be so bold...you had me under your spell last night...it was good readin'!

POP...the news today is a freak-out with Bob Woodward and the Congress leaving session with...like...um... nothing done! Ha ha!

PBS...I hope that never happens to you...because I love to hear about your animals (your MOM & brother)... and what happens next at work. I live vicariously through your job, I just hate it when they are jerks to you...it's never boring there.


You've got me under your spell again
Sayin' those things again
Makin' me believe that you're just mine
You've got me dreamin' those dreams again
Thinking those things again
I've gotta take you back just one more time


An old Buck Owens tune. I think you are assimilating quite well down there in Bakerstown...:)


You couldn't have insulted me more Mr. Bucko! You knew that would sting me eh? This ain't where I'm gonna die... hopefully anyway. I'm trying to get the Mister to think..."HAWAII"...when his inheritance ship comes in. How shallow is that? Yeah...I'll probably just live and die here listening to the southern and latin twangs float on the dusty hot wind in this hole. Thanks for making me think about it:(


Please forgive me for insulting you. (giggling!)


Heh heh...snort...

Post a Comment


Bring it On!

Who Links Here

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines

Get Firefox!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com