The Right Still Has The Nerve To Point Fingers At Bill...

Clinton has to defend himself yet again...Sound familiar? Where's Ken Starr?
As if Clinton and the nation's taxpayers haven't had to pay through the nose already for the witch hunt on Clinton's loins...now we have to go through more smeer from them because it's time for another election. No surprise there...we on the left knew it was coming. Slowly but surely their tangled web would weave its way into our lives again. And these guys are slick too, thinking that we are just going to roll over to have our tummies scratched. So here's the new load to swallow...
Clinton did an interview with Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday. You know the drill with Faux news I'm sure...so you know he was put on the defensive from the get-go. Clinton defended his handling of the threat of bin Laden saying he tried to have him killed and was attacked for his efforts by the same people who now criticize him for not doing enough.
"That's the difference in me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now," Clinton said in the interview. "They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try, they did not try." Clinton accused host Chris Wallace of a "conservative hit job" and asked: "I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked, 'Why didn't you do anything about the Cole?' I want to know how many people you asked, 'Why did you fire Dick Clarke?'"
Way to go Bill! That was in reference to the USS Cole attacked by terrorists in Yemen in 2000, and former White House anti-terrorism chief Richard A. Clarke. Wallace thought that Clinton took a 'conpiratorial view' of what he termed a non-confrontaional question. Yeah...like Faux news never asks those types of questions and doesn't want to put someone in the hot seat. He asked, "Did you do enough to connect the dots and go after Al Qaeda?"
Clinton said he "worked hard" to try to kill bin Laden..."we contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody's gotten since." He told Wallace, "And you got that little smirk on your face and you think you're so clever, but I had responsibility for trying to protect this country. I tried and failed to get bin Laden. I regret it, but I did try and I did everything I thought I responsibly could."
Maybe he could have spent 24/7 on this country in all the ways to keep it safe if the conservatives hadn't at every turn tied our government up in knots with their own agenda of blowing smoke in all directions. They had knowledge of the problems with the bad guys...but they put their greed of power above that of their constituents and pursued a course that did not help their administration at the time to come together and fight this thing. What did they care, they wouldn't be responsible for anything. But they were! They didn't help their President at his watch...they fought over everything else that moved...but they couldn't be bothered to help the nation come together and work on these obvious terrible threats.
On NBC's "Meet the Press," also taped Friday and aired Sunday, Clinton told interviewer Tim Russert that the biggest problem confronting the world today is "the illusion that our differences matter more than our common humanity."
"That's what's driving the terrorism," he said. "It's not just that there's an unresolved Arab-Israeli conflict. Osama Bin Laden and Dr. al-Zawahiri can convince young Sunni Arab men, who have — and some women — who have despairing conditions in their lives, that they get a one-way ticket to heaven in a hurry if they kill a lot of innocent people who don't share their reality."
So as Bill Clinton is leaving office for Georgie to step in and ruin everything that Americans have held ear...Georgie is warned (but he knew it before) about the latest threats of bin Laden. We now now that 8 months of nothing went by. Others tried to help, sent memos, tried to have meetings with the top people...and they were rebuffed and ignored. So 8 months later the Towers fell and Georgie read a book about goats upside down to some children and nearly 3,000 people of all colors and creeds died a horrible death. But Bill Clinton is at fault for bin Laden. I guess Bill was at fault for Tora Bora too. I guess Bill is responsible for absolutely everything...that's why he is so unpopular with the rest of the world...because we all know the world loves George Bush...and this is what he has done for us...
















Bill did a number on them, for sure. I hope he keeps it up and maybe, just maybe some other Dems will jump in and be big boys and girls. I have pretty much given up on them, tho. I keep expecting them to do the right thing and they let us down over and over.
Posted by
Peacechick Mary |
4:38 AM
Yay for Bill! I've always liked him and think history will be far kinder to him than the present. Most of the other Dems are still running scared though.
Posted by
PBS |
4:47 AM
On NBC's "Meet the Press," also taped Friday and aired Sunday, Clinton told interviewer Tim Russert that the biggest problem confronting the world today is "the illusion that our differences matter more than our common humanity."
oh, well said Bill. THAT is the driving force behind all fundamentalist beliefs: that our differences matter at the expense of our common humanity.
Posted by
DivaJood |
11:55 AM
Q: When will the Republicans stop blaming everything on Bill Clinton?
A: Right after we elect another Democrat for president.
Posted by
Lew Scannon |
3:31 PM
One would like to think that Fox News and the Rovian scumbag contingent would have better things to do than blame Clinton for Dubya's eight months of sleepwalking prior to 9/11.
Wishful thinking.
Pricks and liars.
Posted by
Unknown |
6:23 PM
A recent poll gives President Clinton a 70% approval rating. That's all we need to know.
I read Richard Clark's book back when it first came out and President Clinton is right, it's all there.
I have it on good authority that the sinking of the Titanic was also Clintons' fault. Sheesh.
As my grandmother would have said, President Clinton tied a knot in Fox's tail. He sure did.
Posted by
pissed off patricia |
5:58 AM
Great essay, Sumo! Clinton is to be admired for his outburst, and he should be an inspiration for the left's current crop of "leaders"!
Great riddle, Lew! I think the answer to that one is right on!
Posted by
Snave |
7:36 AM
amen, hun. did you see about how jerry falwell attacked hillary and she just shrugged it off with a snide remark about how perhaps the devil made him do it? hilarious!
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:21 PM
good post Sumo. Bill has his faults but he can think on his feet and no one as clueless as Chris Wallace will get by unscathed if they try and accuse him to his face of something he didn't do.
Posted by
fallenmonk |
2:59 PM
Faux News is falling all over themselves to get the Clinton interview removed from the net. In the finest traditions of Bu$hCo, if you can't deal with it. Hide it.
Posted by
Anonymous |
5:39 PM
I hear they even got YouTube to ake off segments...
Scannon's right. SO whats the plan!!!!!
Whats on tap, people?
We can do more!
Posted by
Anonymous |
8:48 PM
I always liked Clinton. His wife is a little weird but I liked him far more than Bush..
Posted by
Anonymous |
8:10 PM