What Kind Of Crap Can I Blame On Dub This Time...

President Bush, again defying Congress, insisted he has the power to alter the Homeland Security Department's reports about whether it obeys privacy rules while handling background checks, ID cards and watch lists.
In the law Bush signed Wednesday, Congress stated no one but the privacy officer could alter, delay or prohibit the mandatory annual report on agency activities that affect privacy, including complaints.
But Bush, in a signing statement attached to the agency's 2007 spending bill, said he will interpret that section "in a manner consistent with the President's constitutional authority."
A White House spokeswoman said it's appropriate for the administration to know what reports go to Congress and to review them beforehand.
But privacy advocates have charged that Bush is trying to subvert lawmakers' ability to accurately monitor activities of the executive branch of government.
The American Bar Association and members of Congress also have said Bush uses signing statements excessively as a way to expand his power.
The Senate held hearings on the issue in June.
At the time, 110 statements challenged about 750 statutes passed by Congress, according to numbers combined from the White House and the Senate committee. They include documents revising or disregarding parts of legislation to ban torture of detainees and to renew the Patriot Act.

Well this looks like our Dub is looking at his world through the view finder. It's probably Spider Man or the X-Men with their special powers that they earned through whatever situation came their way. Supernatural things happen to those Supernatural types that they just can't seem to avoid. But not our Dub!..He takes his super-un-natural powers right off the pages of the whatever signing statement he sees at the moment and just goes with his own will. Not the will of the people mind you...the people that he is supposed to represent and hold their interests and the laws of the Constitution sacred. Now...sacred may be a tad over the top for him...so he has slimmed that down with another of his signing statements so "we" won't get the wrong idea about how the Presidency really does work its magic...or in this case...un-natural superpowers.

I've been reading this book...and I recommend you read it too. Not you Dub...I know you don't read...that's for losers. I'm recommending it to those who visit here in Sumoland...they like to read...and they take in what they read. They don't have time for stories about goats...they like to read real grist about the man...and that man is you Dub...you and your twisted lies. It get us through our day...finding out about more and more of the dirt you and your mud-slingers sling at us. Try as you might...we just don't buy into it...because it is as repulsive as you are.

Go ahead and deny all you want Dub because that is all you have left. It's piling up all around you and your loser friends...dropping off the integrity grid one by one...like dominos all lined up in a row just waiting for the one right Democrat-in-shining-armor to knock all your cheating blocks off and carry the day. And...when it's all over...I want to see you all in a line moving forward one by one...take it in the end...and say..."thank you sir...may I have another"? And THAT will send you all into history with your forked tails between your legs back into the dark side from whence you came! It will be good to do the good dance of democracy once again...















And just what dance is the "dance of democracy". I have been trying to think of something significant but have failed. Should it be a realtively modern dance like the twist, or something or something more staid and traditional like the waltz or minuet. I am leaning torward something early 20th century like the foxtrot or charleston. Anybody have any ideas?
Posted by
fallenmonk |
6:17 AM
I think the twist would be a fine dance for democracy. Our respective governments seem to use it already to twist fiction into fact..
Posted by
Anonymous |
6:33 AM
Monk...it is of course my mean spirited way of saying "theirs was the bad dance of democracy" and the new one (if we ever get there again) we be the good dance of democracy...and I know you knew what I meant!
Happy...you're right about the 'twist' though...that's perfect. They can dance to the Twisted Sister band all they want...the sissy's.
Ron...his head is deep in the inner space...if you know what I mean!
Posted by
sumo |
3:45 PM
Sumo honey I was just being devilish on a beautiful Saturday morning and trying to stimulate the conversation. Of course, I knew your intention but we need to be having more fun.
Posted by
fallenmonk |
6:11 PM
Cute 'toon of Barney painting the sign. Laura can't openly disagree with her hubby, of course, but she bought Barney the paint.
Poor Laura. Given the Chimp's alcoholic lifestyle, she was supposed to be a rich widow by now.
Posted by
Gordon |
7:23 PM
Everything depends on how the mid-terms turn out. If they steal another one, then we can kiss 2008 elections goodbye. If we manage to take back the House, if we manage to control the Senate, then we can consider Impeachment proceedings.
Posted by
DivaJood |
10:46 AM
If we take back the house? Let me tell you right now, we are gonna do it!! Come November 7th, we are gonna storm the Bastille and overthrow the tyrants.
Ron Nasty, I actually have a name for what ails Bush. "Cranial Rectumitus"
Posted by
Donnie McDaniel |
3:42 PM
Monk...we do have to kick up our heels now and again...be it devil or saint I hope something takes notice of us sane politicos left out in the cold. If November 7th is that day...we shall all walk out into the sunshine and breath the air of (what is to come) heh heh! Devilish thought there! Let the American Bastille Day hence be known as the day "Blue America" was born...and (hey...I should turn this into a post)!
Gordon...I love that Miss Laura should be a victim of widowhood by now...the images it conjures up...
Glenda...he's the 'load o' crap' decisioner...I sure hope he doesn't choke on it...
Diva...hope so...so hope will overwhelm us all.
Donnie...perfect...we shall overcome these morons and storm the fortress that binds us. They will rue the day. November 7...the final frontier of rectitude. The joke will be on them in spades.
Posted by
sumo |
5:41 PM