To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order, to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right. Confucius

Sumo Merriment

« Home | Bedtime For George And Laura... » | Running...Always Running... » | The English Achieve...What America Cannot... » | Off Too See The Wizard... » | Katherine Harris' Senate Campaign... » | Some Places To Visit... » | A Tiny Revolution... » | How Labor Day Came To Be...And What It Means... » | I'm In Hot Water Too!... » | What Is On The Blog Agenda Today... »



It's Time To Get Out The DYNOMITE!

|


The Sumo will be in closed sessions with the judiciary today as she has been selected for jUry dUty. I imagine they've heard my reputation for such a serious demeanor and intellect that they just could't pAss me up. I know...I know...it's a cIviC dUty and all...but it's just another one of those occasions that I have to go through that awkward silence when they mIspRoNouNce my rather odd name.

Anyway...I'm really hoping to get a chance to kick some judiciary ass, if you know what I mean. I want to sit in the jury box (looking my hippie best for Rex Kramer) and throw somebody in the slammer guilty of not! Don't care! I just want to have that power of someone's life in my hands...and mess with it a little. You know...like our administration has done with us the last 5 years or so. Or like a cat that plays with the poor little mouse. I clearly have been driven to this aberrant behavior...that's my excuse.

And I guess you all know about the ABC/Disney thingie on last night. So here's our Georgie with a little explanation for it...

webspacez

So hopefully I won't be sequestered or anything that exciting...although I could really dig not cooking for the family for a while...the ingrates. I'm sure I'll be back at the keyboard in no time telling you all about an OJ case or another Scott Peterson case...yeah...I'm destined for the bigtime...I just know it!


Have you done JD before? I liked it. Enjoyed would not be the right word, but it's very interesting.


Jury Duty is a pain here in Atlanta. You have to go all the way downtown to the courthouse and usually wind up sitting around all day with a couple of hundred other people before you are dismissed. Best of luck Sumo. If you do get interviewed for a jury make sure you let the prosecutor know that you don't believe in the government punishing criminals and that that is a job for the Lord. You're sure to get picked that way.


never had jury duty, never been in one spot long neough I guess...


Although I am eligible for jury duty, sadly, I will never be chosen. Even if I made it through the initial screening, here in Orlando every defense attorney not just out of law school knows me...and generally speaking, they don't send me Christmas cards.

Oh, to be a jury foreman!


I've been there many times...but never get picked. I don't think they like how I look. What's wrone with me?!!!


Sumo - That Halloween cartoon is the funniest yet!

Post a Comment


Bring it On!

Who Links Here

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines

Get Firefox!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com