To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order, to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right. Confucius

Sumo Merriment

« Home | Lest We Forget...Let Us Harken Back To The Yellowc... » | I Can't Get Enough Of Their Bullshit... » | You Can Resgister Here You Maniac... » | The Republicans Are Going To Look At Tonight And R... » | Neddy: Will He...Or Won't He...? » | H E L L O Cuba Here We Come... » | Qana Aftermath...And More Than We Bargained For... » | YES!...It's more Mel...Ain't That Swell?... » | What's Up With The Kissing...? » | Environmental Crisis... »



Just A Little Airplane Humor....

|











We'll just have to see how this thing plays out I guess. I may have to fly to Washington in the near future...it depends on the results of some tests my mother has had to take care of...and if the news isn't good I shall fly there for her surgery to help my father to care for her. I flew 1 month prior to 9/11 and then flew 3 weeks later...and there was quite a difference. I had no problem being patient though. The last time I flew which I believe was the may after 9/11 and it just happened to be on the day they started the serious checking of baggage and random checks out of line. I also had my shoes checked and my body frisked...I hope it was good for the lady that took care of me.

Anyway...it was a real trip to watch this going on at LAX...because there were some really miffed people...and partly it being the first time this was all tried...it made planes depart late. San Francisco had it going on though...they were ready for the confusion I guess. I'm not looking forward to flying...I never am able to separate the "what goes up must come down"...nagging in my head and just relax. My worst fear would be lots of snakes in lots of sizes...what are the chances! Who am I kidding? I always get the talkers that sit down by me and feel compelled to engage me in conversation...ack!


All they gotta do is read Coulter's book to have reason to suspect her of terrorism. What a hater.

Love the last 'toon best!

And I've always loved flying. Even after 9/11 I still look forward to getting so much higher than a kite. {-;

Good luck to su madre!


Wow, you flew close to 9/11. I went to DC six months later and the plane went RIGHT OVER the Pentagon. It was very unnerving since we'd read how they didn't fly that route any more. We could clearly see the scaffolding. Hope the news is good about your mother.


yeah, let's just hope the trip does not become necessary.


Sumo, I just spewed from the cartoons, they are brilliant. Thank you for that.

I hope your mom is okay, I think that must be more unnerving than flying. As for the lines at LAX, American Airlines continues to be terrible; United is better; forget Southwest, that is a complete nightmare. I think we are neighbors, BTW.


Hope there is good news about your Mom and no worries about flying. It is just another pain in the ass we have to deal with. I was flying on 9/11 and was landing in Miami at the very moment they started making every plane land. Had to drive a rental car back to Atlanta through a hurricane to boot.
Just smile and agree and follow the rules and there is no problem. They want you to be a sheep so be a sheep, it is the price we pay for wanting to get somewhere in a hurry and living in a world with an incompetent bumbler in charge.


i'm senior ack. sorry to say it but i at least say hi and try to engage my cohort for the flight so that it's not uncomfortable. if it feels like they want to sit quietly i sit quietly and figure out other things to do.
mostly i HATE how all they're doing here is having a knee-jerk reaction. what is it with conservatives and the knee-jerk? don't get me wrong, both liberals and conservatives are guilty of it but it seems to be all the conservatives are capable of. like they're terri and even though they can't think or control their bowels they can damned well kick you in the nuts when you tap them on the knee.


and is it terrible that i kinda hope you have to come up so i can come say hi in person?


Hadn't our esteemed Homeland Security already thought of this scenario? Liquids... What the hell did they think they were going to make a bomb out of? A coloring book?

I call bullshit...


The secret to surviving any type of airport delay is to take a zen approach.

You might as well stay calm, because you're not going until you're going and there's nothing much you can do about it.

I will teach you much Grasshopper.


MB...do you let the mighty eagles soar?

PBS...I have to say I think it would have been fascinating to look down on the Pentagon.

POP...thanks.

DivaJood...I have always preferred United...for no other reason than I haven't gone down in one yet.

Fallenmonk...you're right...it is another pain in the ass to put up with...you can't fight city hall.

TGWH...LOL!...and even though they can't think or control their bowels they can damned well kick you in the nuts when you tap them on the knee.

TPM...you're right...bullshit!

Poohbah...yes...oh wise one...the zen approach is the answer.

Thanks for you nice wishes for my mother...I should hear something soon...I hope.


straight up, hun.
that's the problem with automatic reactions, they don't pay attention to where or what they're jerking at.

Post a Comment


Bring it On!

Who Links Here

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines

Get Firefox!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com